Topic

Presentation for children

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Presentation for children

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Locale: PNW

Tip from my gf:  dress the part.  Wear some of your obvious outdoor gear, which may be hard cause a lot of it looks like normal clothing.  She had a friend who was a FS firefighter and got him to come in to her classroom with his gear on and the kids went ape sh*t from that alone.  Also discussions about pooping in the woods are worth having like someone said above

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Again, thanks to everyone for their input. Some great ideas I made use of!

I think the talk went well.

The three favorite things enjoyed?

• The tents! They kids LOVED the shelters. I had them help me set up a tarp as well. I had them tell me why they’d think I’d want to take a tarp vs a tent or the car camping tent. Why one may be better
    • The “poop” talk. Lots of giggles..got them thinking about littering, why it is good thing to dig a hole
    • THE FOOD!  I made some Mountain House apple crisp.  The hot food on a cold winter day was big hit. Plus the novelty of eating out of a pouch.  The parents were intrigued by the alcohol stove.

Again, thanks all. It was a lot of fun and I think the kids enjoyed it!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools