Topic

Powdered juice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Haiku
    BPL Member

@theworldwidewebster

Oddly enough after working a few months at sea (another place where really fresh veg/fruit are a rarity) I am looking forward to my thru hike diet, which last year featured super healthy foods.  I’m talking dehydrated grass fed and pastured meats, organic veg and fruits.  Gonna change up a few things this time around though.  I am trying to get some more protein in my diet, when I upped that last year it helped.  Bars can be expensive tho and I can’t do dairy/wheat.  I’ve found a lot of good deals on rice/pea protein however.

In my travels I came across this interesting product: Bioglan Juice Powder

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/72576/Bioglan-Superfoods-Raaw-Juice-Powder-Veggie-Power-7x7g-Sachets

One sachet has around 100cal depending on the type!  Of course I bought 11 boxes’ worth (some tropical fruit and some veggie).  It tastes pretty good.  I was wondering if other people tried things like this or had any recommendations.  Getting some good cal/oz veg and fruits sounds like a great idea to me.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Hi Dawn, I should have read your post before I made mine, which was about a super high protein content found in Banza brand pasta that I found at the local health food store.  I found it to be pretty good.

As far as those protein drinks you mention, no, I’m not familiar with them, but I’ll sure keep an eye out.  Most of those protein bars have an ingredient list a mile long, so I tend to avoid them, especially since some of the ingredients are toxic, like sugar alcohol…gives you gastric distress.

Right now I”m munching on my favorite bar, a Lara Bar (Cashew Cookie)  It’s made with only two ingredients: cashews and dates.  No, can’t be!  What an apostasy, making something with only two ingredients and no chemicals!  They should be tared and feathered for even thinking of such a thing!

Happy trails.

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

Locale: Indianapolis

If you are near a Whole Foods go check out their powder mixes. Amazing Grass brand is by far my favorite, they also recently came out with a protein added version but I haven’t used it. Sunwarrior is another good one. I work at Whole Foods and I’m always picking up the containers and checking them out, there are hundreds of different kinds there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools