Topic

pot and stove newb question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) pot and stove newb question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

I just received a BRS stove. Wondering any home made suggestions on how to store it to protect it

I recently used this GSI Pinnacle Soloist pot (just the pot and the cup, left everything else at home). <span style=”line-height: 1.8;”>I really like how the handle locks in the canister and the cup. But, its not the lightest pot and for the amount of water I need to boil, its a little big. I did use the cup for my coffee. </span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.8;”>http://www.gsioutdoors.com/pinnacle-soloist.html</span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.8;”>Now, I have looked at a bunch of lightweight pots but I dont think any of them have the handle feature that locks in whatever is inside the pot. Perhaps there are some out there that do that? If not, how do you guys do it; keep all cooking things inside the pot? (canister, stove if small enough, cup if it fits). Thank you</span>

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

I use a loop of shock cord and a cord lock (a homemade version of this), and it works well. An elastic band or a simple shock cord with a knot joining the ends would work, too, but I like this better.

If you tie a knot about in the middle of the loop, so the knot will be positioned on the bottom of the pot, it won’t slip off the pot as easily. I’ve attached two photos (this is in a 1.6L pot) to show you how it works.

Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

very nice!

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

Keeping your stove dirt free is an important part of getting a long life from it.  You don’t want grit/dirt getting into the threads or or into the stove where it can clog the jet. I try to keep my stove inside my cook pot mainly for convenience but I always keep my stove in a small bag with a mini bic lighter. This can be the little bag that comes with the BRS-3000 or a very small zip lock bag. When you assemble the stove give the threads on your canister a good blow and the same for the stove before screwing them together.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Stove wrapped up inside Ti cook pot with lid. Pot in silnylon stuff-sack.

Cheers

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

same as Roger

wrap stove (in corner of a ziploc bag) mostly just to keep it from banging and put inside Ti pot.  Also windscreen.

Put pot in bag to keep soot from pot off the rest of my gear.  My pot came with a bag that I use.  Breathable nylon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools