Topic

Posting links question?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joel H
    Spectator

@joelhorn

Long time reader but first time poster here.  I have gotten into MYOG and made some videos of some of my projects. Some of them are projects that there seems to be limited info about, like making down socks/booties so I figured I would help others out with the info on how i did it. picked up a lot of info lurking over the years and thought it was time to add knowledge base.  I just read through the forum guidelines about posting links. Pretty clear that links to monetized sites are prohibited. My Youtube channel  isn’t monetized but in the future it might be. Would posting links be considered a violation of the spirit of the rule?

Thanks. Don’t want to bust the rules right off the bat!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I believe that’s ok. I’ll get back to you with some clarification soon.

Joel H
    Spectator

@joelhorn

Thanks.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Joel, I think you are fine. People link to their YouTube channels and blogs. It might be problematic if you only use BPL to spam every video you upload. If you are a participant who happens to also post links to videos that might be monetized at some point it’s fine.

We should update the forum guidelines to reflect this. I’m not going to do it until the moderation team has a chance to discuss it more but I’ll try to have it done in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for reading the guidelines and asking. :)

Joel H
    Spectator

@joelhorn

Thanks Matthew.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools