Topic

Polartec Alpha Hoody w/pockets?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Polartec Alpha Hoody w/pockets?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

I am looking for a Polartec Alpha Hoody with hand warmer pockets/pouch, but unshelled.  I’ve done some searching but it’s cumbersome.  Thanks.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Vado UL has posted photos of a couple on IG. Chat him up, I’m guessing he will make whatever you want.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

What are the various layer combination and methods one would use the Polartec Alpha …..with or without pockets or hoods?

Haiku
    BPL Member

@theworldwidewebster

I have one by FarPointe.  I was looking for one without a pocket/pouch, but it’s what I found for sale on geartrade.  TBH it’s so light I feel like the weight is neglibile (whhaaaat?  on UL?) but it’s probably good for warming up my core, giving a little extra layer there.  The whole thing is 60 alpha.

I can wholeheartedly recommend FarPointe, and Vado UL was also high up on my list of what I’d buy.  Everyone seems to love Senchi too.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Timmermade does custom work…

Tjaard Breeuwer
    BPL Member

@tjaard

Locale: Minnesota, USA

The concern I would have with a pure Alpha Hoody with pockets, is that the fabric is both very light, not very strong, and stuff catches on is quite easily.

So, anything you put in the pockets will really pull the garment down, and durability of the pockets would also be a question.

If you are only looking for handwarmer pockets, than it would probably work ok.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

Norrona do a hybrid Alpha and grid fleece hoody.

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/falketind/falketind-alpha120-zip-hood-men/?color=7718

I have an older version. It’s still going strong after 3 winters. Pockets are backed with a mesh type fabric.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools