Topic

PM and followed thread notification problem.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support PM and followed thread notification problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am no longer receiving notification of threads I have been successfully following, nor am I receiving notification of PMs.  Has anybody else encountered this problem?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hi Tom,

Click on your name in the upper right corner. From the page that loads, click “Forum Profile”, then “Email.” Ensure that ‘Yes’ is checked for getting emails when someone PMs you (maybe it got unchecked for some weird reason, since one never really knows what this site is doing).

As far as followed threads, can’t really help you as I don’t follow threads.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I have the same problem, Tom, with both PM notification and my followed threads. And yes, the PM box is checked “Yes”. This site is so goofy, with no end in sight…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Goofy, with no end in sight is putting it politely.  Nobody in a position of authority, with the ability to remedy the situation, seems to care in the slightest about problems experienced by community members .  This is just the latest in a long string of similar complaints by others that go ignored.  I have all but given up on this place, and seldom bother to post anymore.  But then it has occurred to me that perhaps that is precisely the intent, for reasons I don’t care to get into here.

And, yes, Still Here, my PM box is checked “yes”.  But thank you for at least trying to address the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools