Topic

Plexamid?!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Plexamid?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim H
    BPL Member

@yucaipatim1

Whats up with the plexamid?  Why is Zpacks not making em right now, and why are so many for sale in gear swap and elsewhere?

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Perhaps waiting for an upgrade to be ready?

Tim H
    BPL Member

@yucaipatim1

Ok, found an older thread here on Bpl that I missed previously, that discusses the issue.  It would seem that the issue is the struts, and apparently ZPacks is working on getting different/better ones.

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

I wondered the same thing. But not just Plexamids, but Hexamids and Solomids for sale all over. Maybe the DCF market is saturated. Or maybe buyer’s remorse. It is a strange phenomenal trend over the past month with the increasing number of Zpacks used tents for sale.

David P
    BPL Member

@david-paradis

Maybe some QC ? I’ve read on on Indeed.com that employee morale has been sliding the last 4-5 years as an after effect of an increasing sense of impersonal, corporate, factory-esque attitudes of those in management where bottom line production speed has overshadowed the importance of and emphasis on quality work…

ive always been impressed with the gear that I own from them. (Rain mitts, kilt, pillow dry bag, the vertice knee high gaiters are AWESOME, sticky patches, neck gaiter, Nero frameless pack, etc) but I’ve never owned one of their shelters arguably more important than all the products I use combined…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools