Topic

Plexamid Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Plexamid Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grayson M
    BPL Member

@grysn8683

Hey all,

I typically venture out with my triplex, as I am often in the backcountry with my wife and/or young son and I love the space to weight ratio.

I am considering purchasing a plexamid for my solo trips, although I often bring along my ~50lbs dog.  In your experience is the plexamid big enough for a 5’7 human and a medium sized dog, or should I be looking at a duplex?

Thanks!

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

As the owner of an Altaplex, I’d lean toward Duplex. Or just tough it out with the Triplex :)

Eng-Shien Wu
    BPL Member

@engshien

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I concur with Erik G (I have the Plexamid and Duplex).

Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

I have the hexamid – and no way would I ever want to try and share it with a 50-lb dog with jimmy-legs.

H W
    BPL Member

@olddude

Fortunately my 85 lb lab doesn’t like sleeping inside a zipped up inner mesh so he’s in the vestibule. Just know, and you prob do, if you’re on a blowup pad there is a strong probability it will get punctured. Jimmy-legs and those nails are like sleeping with an open knife in your pocket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools