Topic

Plastic Rings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Plastic Rings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

I’m looking for plastic rings like the ones found on Hilleberg tarps. I have only been able to find D rings, triangles etc. Anyone have any sources or suggestions?

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Don’t know what Hilliberg tap rings look like.

Simple round rings, however, can be easily made from PVC pipe.  Use a ppe shear to cut whatever width you want.  Very strong.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ace Hardware stores, ask an associate nylon O rings:

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Hilleberg tents use acetyl rings – you don’t want to use nylon o-rings found at hardware stores, their strength is pretty low.

Try a search for “acetyl tent rings” – they are used in the industrial tent market as well. “titanium sail rings” may be an option as well (but more $).

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I too was going to suggest the titanium sail rings – Bob Moulder used them to rig up a block and tackle setup for pulling up a group of food bags.  It required some futzing and a lot of line, but it sure did make it easy to pull up six food bags all together.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco
    Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

Several vendors on AliExpress have titanium key rings. Maybe these would work for you.

Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

Thanks everyone. I ended up finding some plastic rings from a place I hadn’t heard of before The Rain Shed. I would’ve liked to try titanium sail rings but I couldn’t find any with a narrow gauge, they all seemed to be nearly 1/4” thick or so

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools