Topic

Pedometer stats

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Pedometer stats

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Very interesting because this morning my hike back to the car was right at 8 miles and the step count was 16,669. Using Galaxy S5 with “S Health” app, which I also didn’t know I had until a few months ago when I got an electronic ‘boing’ with congratulations after 10,000 steps. :^) One of those apps they sneaked in during and upgrade, no doubt, because I also started getting emails for reduced insurance rates for hikers and cyclists. Google knows all.

Turns out that if I put it on hike or bike it also does a GPS track, even in airplane mode and doesn’t eat up nearly as much battery as Backcountry Navigator, which is something I just figured out. Hmmm… gotta play with that one some more, for sure, to see if I can download the track.

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

fb friends are closing in on 20k steps hunting Pokemon.

It seems to have people out walking.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools