Topic

PCT Washington Section K Mid September Pre-trip planning

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning PCT Washington Section K Mid September Pre-trip planning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bryan B
    BPL Member

@bryanbanducci

First time poster in here – wanted to share a upcoming itinerary for a section hike i’m doing with a friend in Washington on the PCT from Steven’s Pass to Stehekin.

PCT SECTION HIKE WASHINGTON: STEVENS PASS TO STEHEKIN – 108 mi

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33452108

Start – Stevens Pass PCT mi 2461

Day One – Stevens Pass to Pear Lake PCT mi 2480 – 19 miles (18.2mi Pear Lake ~.1 mi off PCT on Meadow Creek Trail)

Day Two – Pear Lake to White Chuck River Campsites – ~23 miles (several sites between PCT mi 2502-2505)

Day 3 – White Chuck River to PCT mi 2526 – ~23 miles

(options: Mica Lake mile 54 put us 10 miles short on the day, 2 campsites between PCT mi 2526-2527 / mi 62-63 just before East fork of Milk Creek, About 9 more miles and ~2700ft up from Mica lake to top of next ridge)

Day 4 – PCT mi 2526 to PCT mi 2547 Miners Creek – ~17 miles

Day 5 – Miners Creek to PCT mi 2564 – ~18 miles (sites at Swamp Creek mi 95 + Pass Creek mi 97-99)

Day 6 PCT mi 2564 to PCT mi 2569 / High Bridge Ranger Station – ~4-5 mi

NEED TO ARRIVE BEFORE 8:30AM TO CATCH SHUTTLE TO STEHEKIN LANDING

– SVR Bus to Stehekin, Ferry from Stehekin to Fields Point landing

Any other suggestions on not to miss campsites etc? I was just aiming to hit around 20 miles a day. Hoping for good weather, still about a month out from this trip: planning to be on trail September 7-12. I’ve never hiked with a inreach or anything like that and my friend is asking questions about potential for cell service to call our pick up for rendezvous at Fields Point and also wondering about bear spray. will be my first time hiking north of oregon as well. looking forward to it! thanks for any suggestions or tips.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

I haven’t done your hike, altho I’m really familiar with the Stehekin environs (grandad’s cabin is still there). PNW is lovely.

I really like the trails around Glacier Peak. The mountain itself is stunning and the trails are great. I have no idea if you can link up with Glacier trails and then possibly come down to Holden Village and catch the boat down lake to Fields Point from there.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Day 4 – PCT mi 2526 to PCT mi 2547 Miners Creek – ~17 miles

I was on this section of the PCT last week (doing the Buck pass/Image Lake loop) and there is one campsite just below the PCT at its junction with the Buck Pass trail. I stayed there two nights (so I could dayhike to Buck Pass) and it’s a decent campsite. The PCT itself, at least the section from the Suiattle River junction to Suiattle Pass is in good shape. Some blowdown to navigate over or around but nothing serious.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If you have the time (not sure if your schedule will allow this) but a sidetrip to visit the meadows on Miners Ridge, from Lady Camp to Image Lake, might be enjoyable. Last week the meadows were a huge swath of blooming flowers and it was quite lovely.

Miners Ridge meadows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools