Topic

Patching rain pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patching rain pants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

I’ve got a few small tears and pinholes in the seat of my rain pants (Gore-tex, recently Nikwaxed). On hand I have Tenacious Tape and Aquaseal SR (the one marketed for shoe repair). Are either of those the best repair option or should I get something else?

Also, how long does Aquaseal last once you open a tube? Days, weeks, months, years?

Thanks!

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I have always used Tenacious Tape on raingear with good results. YMMV

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

They say to store it in bag in freezer after it’s opened

They say it’s urethane adhesive

Seam Grip is urethane adhesive.  I put it in freezer and it lasts for year(s).  When I don’t put it in freezer it lasts for month(s).

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

I have also had good luck with tenacious tape on rain pants (I generally apply a small piece to both sides) … and I store urethane adhesive in the freezer.  :-)

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Tenacious tape… but the nylon kind, note the clear stuff. I’m not sure why they even make that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools