Topic

Patagonia National Park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Patagonia National Park

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

I booked tickets to go to Torres Del Paine and hike the “O Circuit” but it is a real cluster f*** when it comes to nailing down reservations for camps sites.

Now, with 10 days between my arrival and departure in Santiago Im looking into alternate trips.   Alan Dixon has a bit of a writeup on the new Patagonia National Park.  But I cant find much more.

(Most importantly  HTH do you get there??)

Any suggestions?

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Go to Argentina and backpack in the Fitzroy region. It’s fairly easy to get there and the scenery is incredible. Best of all it is quite a bit more affordable. We backpacked Torres Del Paine in 2013 and were going to do it again in 2017 but because of the cluster f—- we just went to Argentina instead for our hiking.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Alan has decent info on his site, but I think it just came out in August so this is the first “hiking season” for that route.  I hope to do it next February so if you go please report back.</p>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools