Topic

Patagonia Micro Puff Hoody wearers: How's the warmth holding up?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Micro Puff Hoody wearers: How's the warmth holding up?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

See next post (not sure if the first post editing issue has been resolved yet).

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

By now some including RJ have had their Patagonia Micro Puff Hoodies for a year, sufficient time to get a sense of how the loft/warmth is holding up. Appreciate any feedback on how the warmth is holding up and how often you’ve worn and packed and unpacked it? After 6 months to a year’s use, how many ounce 800FP down jacket would you now equate it to, or could you please compare it to a known down jacket)?

Herman
    BPL Member

@hre814

Locale: Alaska

I owned one for a few months last fall into winter and sold it. I didn’t find it very warm. Lighter than my nano puff, but no where near as warm.

Arthur
    BPL Member

@art-r

No idea.  After the review, I became paranoid about compressing it and went back to my down jacket for backpacking. I wear the Micropuff around town, it is indeed warm.  Just seems to be too fragile to take on a trip because of the compression issue.  Maybe that is the wrong approach, but the down works fine.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I bought one and tried it at home for a bit. It just didn’t seem that lofty or warm. I returned it and got an Enlightened Equipment Torrid hoody in 7d. Lighter, warmer, better. No idea on loft durability for either jacket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools