Topic

Paleo Grain Free Bars for Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Paleo Grain Free Bars for Backpacking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen C
    BPL Member

@stephenc

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Has anyone here tried the Autumn’s Gold Grain Free Granola Bars on the trail?   I found them at Costco and been eating them for breakfast for the past month.  They are delicious, satisfy my hunger till lunch…and I have been very healthy in the GI front as well. One bar is 35g.  BoBo bars were my favorite breakfast on the go, but they are hard to find and left me hungry soon after.  I’m curious what you guys think in terms of nutritional value and calorie/weight ratio.

Almonds, Pecans, Maple Syrup, Organic Honey, Unsweetened Coconut, Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil, Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Vanilla Extract.

[cleaned up – MK]

Stephen C
    BPL Member

@stephenc

Sorry about the HTML.   Trying to post that I found these Paleo granola bars at Costco.  I have been eating them for a while now and like that they satisfy my hunger for longer, more than an oat bar. But on the trail, not sure? Any comments on the nutritional value for trail food? I’d like to hear it.  I think the calorie/weight ratio is OK.

Steve Collins
    BPL Member

@chicagomoose

Locale: North Carolina

Looks good, thanks for sharing.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Those sound tasty. I’m definitely interested at 171 cal/ounce. I like the ingredients. I found this photo which makes it look like the bars are sufficiently dense (read: volume efficient) to earn a place in my bearcan.

Stephen C
    BPL Member

@stephenc

Yep. Those are it. I find them very tasty and they seem robust enough to pack, but not tough to eat at all. $17 for a box of 16 at Costco.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools