Topic

Packit Gourmet Freeze-dried Chicken Recall

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Packit Gourmet Freeze-dried Chicken Recall

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

From the net.

Quote:

Packit Gourmet is initiating a voluntary recall of all meals and grocery items containing freeze-dried chicken packaged within a specific period of time (see below for details). This is being issued in response to a recall initiated by one of our suppliers after Listeria monocytogenes was detected within their own supplier’s product.  According to the USDA, <u>there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products</u> and we have no evidence that Packit Gourmet’s products have been affected.

Listeria monocytogenes is a bacteria that can cause serious health concerns. Please visit http://www.cdc.gov/listeria/prevention.html to learn more about listeria.

Out of an abundance of caution we are issuing a recall of the following Packit Gourmet products containing chicken with a ‘best by’ date on or after those listed below.

https://mailchi.mp/78ab8108b6eb/thru-and-section-hiker-mail-drop-planner-2009229?e=b5ad60dd75

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up.

Bob Kerner
    BPL Member

@bob-kerner

I ordered from them for the first time about a week ago and immediately got an email alerting me that I’d need to adjust my order. They were very pleasant, apologetic and flexible about making the adjustment.Stuff like this happens in the food industry. I hope the food I chose is as good as the customer service.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I’m a fan of Mountain House purchased in #10 cans. Chicken n rice my favorite.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Packit Gourmet is a class act with excellent customer service and a tasty product. I’m sure you’ll be happy with your purchase, Bob.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Bob – Packit Gormet food is excellent.  I’ve been eating it for a decade and it’s still my favorite.

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

FYI, Backpacker Pantry did the same. There doesn’t appear to be anything on their site that I could find about it. I received an email since I had ordered from them directly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools