Topic

Ouzel test 2022

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum Ouzel test 2022

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

Fred in his native environment

Fred

Our campsite

our campsite

General Sabrina Basin scenery

Fred at ease on his final Sierra trip

The end of a great 7 year odyssey through some of the Sierra’s finest off trail rambling by a couple of ageing mountain rats.  We’d probably still be up there were it not for Fred’s stroke and the Pandemic.  He never recovered his former strength, as was evident on this trip, and COVID cost me a couple of years in which age finally caught up with me.  At 82 I’m not likely to return to some of my old haunts up in the Kern, although I hold out hope of one last trip into an easier destination next summer.  Hope springs eternal.  In any case, this trip fulfilled my promise to Fred that if he worked his butt off on stroke rehab, I’d get him back up in the sierra one last time.  He did and I did, so it was at least an honorable way to bid farewell to a place that brought us so much pure, unadulterated joy and deep satisfaction.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools