Topic

OutDry

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear OutDry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael F
    BPL Member

@gearu

OutDry works great in my experiences so far. Have had the jacket for a little over 2 weeks now, and it works well. Went for a 5 mile walk in a fairly heavy rain, and stayed dry and didnt get too insanely sweaty, at least no more than I did in my Arcteryx jacket at any rate. So i really like this jacket..I just have one concern. The exposed membrane …any way to protect it ? Adding a face fabric?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

If you add a face fabric you lose the advantage of Outdry.  You would then need a DWR and be just like any other WP/B.

Michael F
    BPL Member

@gearu

Thats where I keep getting stuck…

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

The OutDry Extreme fabric is very durable. I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

The new light weight jackets they’re releasing might be fragile.

Michael F
    BPL Member

@gearu

Where can you buy the fabric by itself?

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

It’s a proprietary fabric from MH / Columbia. I think you’d have to ask them. I have no experience in that realm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools