Topic

Outdoor Vitals sleeping bags any good?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Outdoor Vitals sleeping bags any good?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex M
    Spectator

@alexm

They’re super cheap on amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0199KB67W?psc=1   Almost seems too good to be true.  I would be interested in any opinions or references to reviews

Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Locale: CA Central Valley

I recently ran across their website and after a cursory review the quality, weight and price all seem to be decent. Anybody have any feedback or experience?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

alex and sean …

i cant speak for the the specific bag you posted, but my suggestion is to be very careful buying these chinese bags (i guarantee that bag is made in china with chinese down)

i ordered a aegis max bag this year and when it came there was a strong smell to the bag … there was also no loft in some of the baffles … fortunately i was able to return it on aliexpress though i lost out on some shipping back to china

with these chinese brands there is often little support (no matter what they claim) and quality control/storage conditions can be spotty … if you have any chinese friends who keep in touch with the homeland, ask them about the quality control with down, there have been stories in the chinese newspapers about using contaminated down or other unhealthy practices ..

if amazon offers free returns and money back guarantee then it might mostly be a fairly riskless purchase … and i would leave the tags on it the first time you test it overnight on your backyard (smells often appear when theres a bit of moisture/condensation, a bit of smell is OK but a very strong smell that doesnt go away can indicate contaminated down)

otherwise i would look into the major brands on deep sales … you can often find them 20-30%+ off, often more at sale season

with chinese good you might get a perfectly fine product, or the same product that missed a QC step …

to be fair i just returned a marmot bag that had an unfilled baffle for a new one … so it can happen to western brands as well, but then theres usually a recourse

;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools