Topic

Osprey Exos question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Osprey Exos question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Does anybody have experience using hip belt or shoulder strap pockets (Zpacks, for example…) with this pack?

Thanks!

David P
    BPL Member

@david-paradis

Hi Richard. I use an exos 58 for winter and “family” trips in summer. I used Superior Wilderness Designs Hipbelt pockets and MLD Shoulder pockets for exos. The SWD hipbelt pockets have plastic clips for an attachment, I couldn’t find a good spot to fasten so had to sew it on. Strangely there is no loops on the new design exos hipbelt. The Zpacks hipbelt pockets and shoulder pocket (which I use on my SWD Superior 40) have a preferable attachment for the exos. It’s just a loop of thin cord with a mini cord lock to cinch. You could easily get that secured maybe through the mesh back panel or a simple sewn on loop so you could still remove pockets easily if needed. The Zpacks Shoulder Pocket I use on my SWD pack would be a good fit for the exos as well, I like the mini mesh storage pouch on the shoulder pocket, i put drink mixes and cough drops in there :)

The pic of string is an adjustable attachment that I’ve made a few of for strapping my snowshoes and skis and whatever else. It’s just a small loop of string on a line loc. Attached to that loop is a mini carabiner, then I string however much string through the line loc and attach another carabiner… figured I’d snap a shot of it while a had the pack out.

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Thanks… that’s a terrific response and I love the line loc idea: it hadn’t occured to me that line locs would work for heavy things like snowshoes and I’ll give it a shot next winter… I’ve been very happy with Zpacks shoulder strap pockets and will give the waist-belt pockets a shot (and pick up a bunch of other wicked light, wicked cool stuff I don’t need from Zpacks at the same time!).

David P
    BPL Member

@david-paradis

I love the zpacks hipbelt pockets, spacious and pretty much watertight.  I can fit a whole days worth of snacks plus iphone in one, the other one gets small items I might take on and off for temperature/sun control plus my small medical device. You can fit sooo much in there!

bonus is if you wanted a single or dual pouch fanny pack you could easily on/off the pouches onto a 3/4” webbing with an adjustable  buckle, or attach them right to your own belt or belt loops…

pic is of the lineloc straps in action… we live at the base of a ski hill so 3-4 times a week I snowshoe/jog up and then ski down!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools