Topic

OR Helium II Jacket is going for $57 at the moment on Amazon (Mens/L/Red only)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals OR Helium II Jacket is going for $57 at the moment on Amazon (Mens/L/Red only)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Almog
    BPL Member

@almog

It’s $56.65 and for the L/Red (“Samba”) only.

Shipped and sold by Amazon so nothing fishy from 3rd party sellers, just really low price for this jacket.

Also M/”Prussian Blue” and M/Samba are at $88.45.

(Affiliated links)

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

Nice find. By the way, the Helium II has been replaced by…the Helium III? Nope, just the Helium. Initially, the new Helium will be exclusive to REI.

In the meantime, you’ll find the Helium II on clearance a number of places (including OR’s site, in some colors and sizes) if you don’t find the one you’re looking for on Amazon.

Almog
    BPL Member

@almog

Hi @jimothy, that’s good to know, I couldn’t find any mentioning of the new-not-iii-helium version though, where did you learn about that?

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

I don’t remember exactly where I saw it first, but Section Hiker had this blurb where they mention that REI will have an exclusive for the first six months. There, they refer to it as Helium III

Then I saw the new jacket on REI’s site, where it’s called simply Helium. I might be drawing the wrong conclusion, though; maybe REI just has it incorrectly in their system for now.

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Locale: White Mountain National Forest

I suspect they just changed their mind on how they wanted to name it in the 6 months since I saw their preview at the Outdoor Retailer trade show.

H W
    BPL Member

@olddude

The Amazon price says $104.99 not $57 for the Samba L.

Almog
    BPL Member

@almog

I was going to say that the price has probably fluctuated since the first post, but here’s a screen shot from 3 minutes ago. As mentioned in the first post, it’s only for Men/L/Samba.

OR Helium II / Mens / Large / Samba

Daniel C
    BPL Member

@dpc131

It’s out of stock for immediate delivery, so it’s replaced with Backcountry as the seller. You need to go to the ‘other buying options’ and then select prime.

Too many rain jackets already…too many rain jackets already. I’ll just keep repeating that to myself.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

GAAAAAA!

So

Many

Colors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools