Topic

Olive oil lamp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Olive oil lamp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If you google JoybileeFarms  DIY olive oil lamp you will find article to make your own. I’ve recently switched to I phone and I’m totally lost on posting pics which is a problem but not the one I’m looking for help with at the moment. I made my own olive oil lamp out of a 5/8” braided wick a piece of wire and a either a small cat food can or a 4 oz minced garlic or ginger jar works great an amazing flame lots of light and heat. I’m looking for ideas for a low wide metal container with a sealing screw top lid hopefully 2-4 oz Kinda like a small pvc cleaner/primer can but lower wider like a shoe polish container with a tight screw top lid and more than anything I want to repurpose something. I have found kinda what I’m looking for on amazon but right now it’s a game to build with a repurposed container also looking for loose weave cotton rope for wick

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

This type of can has worked for me:

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

This one has a lower profile, military Trangia burner

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

I like the triangle burner but want a lid with tight seal  and would rather have  a lid proportionally larger to the diameter of container

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

have found kinda what I’m looking for on amazon but right now it’s a game to build with a repurposed container also looking for loose weave cotton rope for wick

What did you find on amazon?

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Thanks Dan As I said above I’m having problems posting pictures and Links at the moment but but if you google Liyar 2 oz 60ml metal screw top tins I think you will come up with it. I’d rather have 3-4 oz capacity and all metal liquid tight screw top lid

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I used those for non-spill alcohol burners. I thought you wanted something bigger/wider.

Shoe polish tin would be nice to find with screw top. Good luck on your project.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools