Topic

Northville-Lake Placid Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Northville-Lake Placid Trail

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Locale: N NY

Bring a net tent !! If you go

Thom

David Hartley
    BPL Member

@dhartley

Locale: Western NY

The weather is always a bit of a crap shoot – they are calling for several days of “unsettled” weather next week – but the when it starts and how long it lasts seems to be difficult to predict accurately at the moment. We just had a very similar front pass our area and it lasted much longer than originally forecast. But there is no guarantee it will be better for your chosen week in October – it will still be Atlantic Hurricane season and every few years we seem to get the aftermath of one of those dumping a bunch of rain in the Dacks.

Only you know your foot. I would tend to ignore the weather and just decide based on if you think your foot is up to the trip. If you light up the tendonitis again it could keep you out of the woods for a while.

David Hartley
    BPL Member

@dhartley

@ Thom – do you have recent G2 on bugs? Usually in September bugs are not an issue – but the temps are warmer again this year than typical.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Lol no tent for me. Tarp and bivy work just fine.. and plenty of lean to along the way..agreed about weather.. wish I had till Saturday to decide.. foot and all…

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Crazy question..  So I had my Shuttle with Bob from the NPT penciled in for Sunday. Unfortunately he needed a definite answer by noon today , mutual agreement between he and I, because he did have other people in need of a shuttle for something else. So i agreed to let him know by today as not to keep others in limbo or have him lose business.  So I emailed him earlier saying to pass up on me and offer his services to the other people. However.. there is still a good chance that I will be going.. so any ideas of another shuttle I could get in touch with? I dont Facebook so thats out for me.  Im willing to pay $300 for shuttle from Northville to Lake Placid trail head.. Sunday morning.  Not to keep anyone in limbo but due to my foot issues and the weather I will be deciding last minute.. like Friday evening or Saturday morning..

David Hartley
    BPL Member

@dhartley

Sorry dirtbag, I don’t know any other good options from Northville to Placid. There are a couple services that would be OK to shuttle from Placid down to Northville (one in Placid (https://www.adkallseasonsguideservice.com/services.html), one ins Saranac Lake (http://www.broadwingadventures.com/transportation–shuttles.html) – but I have no idea availability or how much they would charge to meet you in Northville and shuttle to Placid.

I would do it myself for gas $ since I was planning on heading up to the West Canada Lakes area Monday morning – but we are baby sitting my granddaughter Saturday PM/Sunday AM so I’m afraid she takes priority.

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Locale: N NY

I can

thom

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thankyou both. Very generous and appreciate the thoughts and offer. Thom.. i pm you.. will be in touch Saturday with a yes or no!

James F
    BPL Member

@gijoe44

Nice Hike, the video really showed the beauty of that area. Seen so many sites that would have been Great camp sites. You did Great!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools