Topic

Northern Wind River Range mid-late Aug

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Northern Wind River Range mid-late Aug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Anyone care to join me for a 40-mile loop trip from Green Lakes that will hit Tourist Creek drainage and Bear Basin sometime in the Aug 15-24 timeframe? Looking at low miles over 5 days (maybe 6) but terrain will be quite rough in spots. No climbing, no glaciers – just some scrambling as needed.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Anyone know the current condition of the road to Green River TH? Think I’ll be getting a tiny rental car for this trip and just want to make sure there aren’t any huge potholes or mud that would swallow it up.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I don’t but i just posted in a thread about the Winds in the pre-trip planning forum that fires restrictions are now in place. Might affect what stove you bring. Call the appropriate ranger station if you have any questions.

Also, you might get more visibility to your question in that forum.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Just posted my trip report.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools