Topic

Non-Wheat Pasta

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I can’t tell if this has been dealt with before, because I can’t seem to make the search engine work.  Or maybe it just doesn’t work.

Anyway, I just tried a new brand of pasta – Banza – that I ran across at our local alternative grocery, and I was dually impressed!  It’s made of chickpeas and pea protein instead of wheat, and it easily reconstitutes with hot water in a freezer bag, no cooking (boiling) as regular pasta requires.  And it tastes pretty good, to boot…made a pasta a la carbonara.

According to the box a 3.5 oz serving (<1/2 box) contains 25g protein, 13g fiber, and 43g net carbs (wheat pasta for the same amount is 13g, 3g, & 71g respectively).  Since a heap-o-protein seems to be the recommended thing at the end of a hard day of hiking for recovery, this Banza pasta surely would fit the bill.  what do you think?  Has anyone had any on-trail experience with this?

Happy trails!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools