Topic

Nomadic Stoves gone?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nomadic Stoves gone?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Late last year I got on the wait list for a seconds-quality Trekker. Jeff warned me the list was long and it would be several months, so I didn’t worry about not hearing from him. It’s now been the better part of a year and I was hoping to have a stove to use this winter. My email to check my place on the list bounced and the Nomadic website is gone. A search here and on the web didn’t turn up any info. Anyone know what’s up?

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Is that a BushBuddy Ultra?

You’ll get plenty of results if you search that.

Hmm, it does say unavailable…. (??)

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Jeff was producing stoves from the original Bushbuddy design, yes. It was my understanding he had permission but with the 2017 copyright at the bottom, it looks as though Bushbuddy may be back in operation?

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

That’s the thing about many of the smaller cottage operations — they can be gone in a hurry.

And that’s not a criticism but an observation of fact. If you find something you just luv-luv-luv forever it’s best to buy more than one, for sure.

I hope you’re not out any cash and that you get your stove.

I had my own pathetic saga with BackCountry Boiler and maker DM.. messy. But by the time I finally got the damn thing (many months later) I had, of course, moved on to something else for boiling water.  However, I was seriously having dreams about hiring a mob guy to dispense a little street justice, lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“If you find something you just luv-luv-luv forever it’s best to buy more than one, for sure.”

And fff’en Trader Joes too! (grrrr)

: )    Mostly joking, but kinda serious too.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Not out any cash, thankfully! I would have appreciated an email saying, “Hey don’t expect a stove,” but that’s minor compared to many other cottage debacles. I contacted Bushbuddy; if they can fill in any gaps I’ll post an update.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Hi, BPL. An update to this situation: I emailed info at bushbuddystoves and Jeff replied promptly. He has taken over the company and so reverted to the original product name. He said that the email list for the seconds stoves was lost at some point in the changeover/merge with Bushbuddy’s database. He also happened to have a seconds stove available which he offered to me on the spot. I sent payment and in 4 days I had my stove! The cosmetic imperfection is minimal, the build quality is sturdy, and it actually comes in under spec at 6.1 oz. I’ve already used it for tea on two pre-breakfast hikes (and, um, several “test” fires on the back stoop). The only problem is that I use a short-wide pot so the stove won’t fit it…ah well.

I’m more than satisfied with how this turned out, and I’m happy to know that the Bushbuddy lives on. Cheers.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Glad to hear you got one!   ;^)

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Thanks, Bob!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools