Topic

No inline pics in trip reports?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website Bug Reports No inline pics in trip reports?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I just saw Manfred’s Grand Canyon trip report and was dismayed by the lack of inline pics. I was not about to scroll to the bottom and hunt down the image each time one was referenced, and then scroll back up to try and find my place in the text again. If this site means to encourage contributors to migrate content out of the forums and into the blog/article/TR area, making the latter a better and not worse user experience might be a place to start. If this is an option and Manfred just missed it, perhaps it should be made more explicit.

As he stated:

This new BPL website seemingly doesn’t allow my usual style of trip report with pictures being an integral part of my trip report. Now you have to look at Picture 1 in the photo gallery below to see our adventure mobile. The same is true for all following pictures. I would include them in the text if I could.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools