Topic

New TarpTent Website

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

TarpTent recently launched a new website. It’s really nice.

It’s got some nice videos in the “culture” section on how the tents are made, designed etc. Worth checking out.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

There are still some small problems with it, so if someone spots something that does not make sense it is probably because it doesn’t.

When Henry first told me that he was working on it I thought that the previous one was already pretty good and did not need to be changed.

However in the meantime with the introduction of the DCF line the need to create 3 different sub brands became more obvious and the new site is ready for that.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

“3 different sub brands”?

I’ve noticed Lithium. What are the others?

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

I noticed it last night. Very nice and informative.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

@ Matthew,

better described as a brand : Tarptent , with all the double wall shelters  under that standard label, then Tarptent Lithium for  the DCF models and Tarptent Icon for the classic tarp tents, like the ProTrail and MoTrail  .

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Great improvement. This site now gives one an insight into the background <b>behind the history, design and people in the Tarptent family.</b>

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Very nice

MM
    BPL Member

@chairmanmallard

Locale: SF Bay Area

Franco, It would be nice if PayPal was available as an option right at check out like a credit card.

I’m going to use PayPal for a Notch LI purchase but have to wait for an invoice to get sent to me so that I can then send payment. It would be nice if I could just seamlessly check out with PayPal right at the check out screen.

Not a big deal, but if you’re looking for ways to improve the website, that would be one thing I’d like. New website does look great though. I like it a lot.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

I guess that Pay Pal is not encouraged because the fees are much higher than CR cards fees.

MM
    BPL Member

@chairmanmallard

Locale: SF Bay Area

Ah ok that makes sense.

Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

I don’t know if it’s due to a setting on my computer, but I got a message that I couldn’t watch the “Designed at 3.334 ft” video. It says “Sorry. Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.”

And a similar message for “Sewn in Seattle” with a link to Vimeo that did work.

The other two I could watch on the TT site just fine.

[I’m on a Mac using Firefox]

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Thank you for that Doug.
    I passed your comment on ( I don’t have a clue about this stuff…)

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Hi Doug,  thanks for letting us know.  I changed a couple of Vimeo settings and It’s working on my end in FireFox.  Can you please try again and let us know if that fixed it.

Henry

Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

Hi Henry, Yup, that fixed them. I can watch all four videos directly on your site now.

Btw, it’s a great looking site, and it adds credibility and interest to have the Culture and Process sections.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools