Topic

New Review: Tarptent Double Rainbow Li

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable New Review: Tarptent Double Rainbow Li

Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anand S
    BPL Member

@obelix74

Henry has created a marvelous tent here. Ryan – thanks for the review. I bought this tent from a forum member and used it for 12 nights on the JMT in the last two weeks.

We used it in all terrain, used it as free standing tent on hard rock. We used it during thunderstorms. I was able to setup the tent in under a minute when the rain started to come down.

We used it under excessive winds, that is the only time I used the extra guylines.

We camped near a water source every single night and had almost no precipitation. The other two layered tents were dripping in condensation and had to be dried. I don’t know how Henry managed this. The vestibule is smaller than Stratosphere Li, but handled two backpacks, two pairs of boots and such.

We were able to fit in two wide pads and had enough room in the head for all our gear.

It is an unbelievable tent. It is almost free standing and does EVERYTHING.  I can see that it won’t be as warm as the Stratosphere Li during shoulder season, but I am ok to layer myself for that.

Brilliant, brilliant tent. I exited at Bishop pass and my buddies went towards Whitney, but they loved my tent so much I had to carry their Big Agnes with me while they grabbed my tent from me to share. They will be buying the DR Li when they exit.

Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!