Topic

New quilt – 10 or 20 degree- draft collar.?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New quilt – 10 or 20 degree- draft collar.?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert I
    BPL Member

@bob-i

EE is having their holiday sale (10% off custom gear 20% off stock), and I’m planning on purchasing a new enigma. I’ve been trying to decide of a 10 or 20 degree, and whether I really need to get custom quilt with a draft collar (the difference in the discount means the draft collar costs about $50). I do most of my trips in the Sierra and Trinity Alps between mid June and early September. Mostly July and August. In the late winter/spring we will go to the Northern California coast. I have both a  GG twin tarp and a Durston x-mid which I switch depending on conditions. I have both an xlite and an xtherm which I can switch based on conditions.  Don’t cowboy camp often, but planning to get a Borah gear bivy that I can use under the tarp or for cowboy camping. I sleep a little to the cold side of normal, but not particularly cold.  I currently have an REI magma trail quilt 30. This is my first quilt, and it’s made me a convert to quilts.  But I get cold if the temperature gets below the high 30’s unless I put on my puffy jacket. Then I’m good to around freezing. Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!