Topic

new patagonia breathable windshirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) new patagonia breathable windshirt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-airshed-running-pullover/24190.html?dwvar_24190_color=BSRB&cgid=mens-shirts-tech-tops

Patagonia Airshed Pullover

“For weather protection without the unwanted sauna treatment, the stretchy, breathable Airshed Pullover slides over your baselayer to provide just the right warmth and wind resistance while you’re on the move. Built with the same shell material as our revolutionary Nano-Air® Jacket, it’s a whisper-light soft-shell pullover perfect for mountain biking or trail running in changeable weather. ”

weight 3.7 ounces

I will hold off until they make a hooded version, but this has me excited. Similar weight to the houdini but better suited to high exertion. I’ve been using a black diamond alpine start which is twice the weight.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I will wait for some reports from actual users, some lighter colors, and a sale.  I am fine without a hood and currently use a Montane Aero pullover with no hood most of the time and this would be a great replacement.

My only initial complaint would be the heavier jersey cuffs and hem.

Very interested to hear others thoughts and reviews as people try them out.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Curious they don’t list the CFM like with the Nano Air and Light, which are 40 and 70 respectively.

Serge Giachetti
    BPL Member

@giachett

Locale: boulder, co

Thanks for sharing, Justin. I love the fabric on my nano air, so I’d also be excited about a hooded windshirt version. The fabric has a nice feel to it and excellent stretch. Its not durable enough for heavy bushwacking, but for most backpacking scenarios on and off trail it would do just fine. The DWR treatment is also quite good at least when newish.

Another suggestion thats out now and can be found for quite cheap is the nike impossibly light jacket (not shield version). My L is like 3.4 oz (I think) and material is softshell level breathability. I had my eye out for years, and couldn’t find anything like it, until the Nike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools