Topic

New Longer, Thicker Closed Cell Foam Pads at Oware

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Longer, Thicker Closed Cell Foam Pads at Oware

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave @ Oware
    BPL Member

@bivysack-com

Locale: East Washington

Finally I have been able to get the ultralight Plastazote foam pads in full lengths +plus.  You could be 6 ft 8 inches tall and not hang over the pad ends! The pads are a whopping 3/5″ thick (15mm) and will fit two people at 40x 80 inches long ($70)! I cut these down into two smaller sizes as well, for a torso size 20×40″ ($25) and a one tall person size at 20×80 ($38)”. The R value should be a conservative 2.4. They can be trimmed to fit your hammock, bivy or tent with a knife or scissors.

If you have ever had the experience of a multiday trip with a flat inflatable pad due to an internal cactus spine that punctured every patch you apply, these closed cell foam pads are for you.

I have a brand new shopping cart web site I am developing and the first products featured will be these foam pads. Backpackinglight readers can use the coupon code    bpl foam    to get 10 percent off the order for the next week. Shipping is free in the USA.

http://bivysack.com/   for more info or to order.

jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Could you post a picture of the 20×80 rolled up and it’s diameter?

Dave @ Oware
    BPL Member

@bivysack-com

Diameter for the 40×80 and the 20×80 is about 7+”. Something most would have to carry outside the pack. The 20x weighs less than 11 ounces. They resist compression more than the Ridgerests I own and more than the Mt Washington pad I have which was my previous favorite. I would say they insulate better under compression, but I have done no testing.

Dave @ Oware
    BPL Member

@bivysack-com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools