Topic

New, lightweight trail food possibility

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition New, lightweight trail food possibility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vincent Vilcinskas
    BPL Member

@vinvil

https://www.duncanhines.com/products…nnamon-muffin/
    Like most hikers, I’m always scanning the grocery store shelves for new, lightweight trail foods. Came across these in Walmart. They come in several flavors. I bought a box of “Strawberry Shortcake”. Took em home and tried one in the microwave…..it will be added to my trail diet. I’ve not experimented with them yet but I suspect they would be fine with some boiling water or even cold water. One pouch of “Strawberry Shortcake” contains 300 calories….70 from fat and 51 grams of carbohydrates

BC Bob
    Spectator

@bcbob

Locale: Vancouver Island

Ouch. You couldn’t pay me to eat such a thing. Six grams of saturated fat, the first ingredient is sugar (31g), the second is wheat flour.

Alexander S
    BPL Member

@cascadicus

I like it. They could be a fun, lightweight treat to bake in my Ti cup, – small fire permitting.

Something to share with my special lady friend.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

I sure would like to hear how your experimentation goes in backcountry preparations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools