Topic

New Hampshire ADK-like Experience

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning New Hampshire ADK-like Experience

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bob Kerner
    BPL Member

@bob-kerner

I need some general guidance identifying hiking opportunities up in NH for my family (2 adults, 11 year old twins). Our favorite is experience to date has been up in the NY High Peaks. We stay at the ADK Loj and use it as a launching point for day hikes. It’s nice to return to a warm meal and clean linen! It also nice to be among other hikers and not stuck in a Courtyard by Marriott.

I’m looking for something similar in NH, for a change of scenery. I know AMC operates some property up there but I’m just not that familiar with the region to know where to select as the base for a few days of day-hiking, and whether the AMC facilities are worth the expense.

Get me in the general neighborhood so I know where to start my research, please. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools