Topic

New gridded fleece hoodie top

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear New gridded fleece hoodie top

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

I made this for my 10 year old Grandson who’s going camping with me on Friday.  Consider it similar to a Patagonia Capilene thermalweight top.  It’s made of Polartec style 60068:  PowerGrid, HiWarmth Jersey/Grid w/stretch Odor Resistant.  You can see there’s one small sewing flaw near the neckline where I accidentally picked up a small fold while sewing the seam.  It’s not bad enough for me to want to tear it apart, though.  He’ll probably outgrow it in a year or so.

Front

back

jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Nice work!

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

Thanks!  This is my like my 4th iteration.  I made a gridded Polartec Power Wool hoodie with a 1/4 zip that I gave to a friend, a crew neck pullover using traditional 100wt fleece for another friend that hiked with us in the Winds last year, and a 1/4 zip pull over (no hoodie) out of the same 100wt fleece for myself.  They’re all based on a “Vuokatti” pattern from Shelby Outdoors, with some variations.  Their free pattern doesn’t come with a hoodie option, so I bought a separate fleece hood pattern from “Green Peppers” and have adapted it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools