Topic

New Collapsible Carbon Poles, my design, by a new British brand

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Collapsible Carbon Poles, my design, by a new British brand

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

I’ve worked on making a new design to walking poles to get the right balance of weight and value, and came out with sub 500g pair of poles for £70.

This is a new British brand I just started andI’m using Amazon as a selling platform, at the moment only in the UK and Germany.

UK link is here

Germany link is here

The poles are at the moment offered at £50 on amazon but for the launch I want to offer Backpackinglight readers a special price of £40 for the week from 4am (GMT) on the 26th of May until the end of the 2nd of June. Just use the code I6KMXFZQ when checking out.

This is a new venture for me and I’d love any feedback on the poles, the company (site here) or anything else. If you like the poles I’d appreciate a review on Amazon too.

Thank you for checking this out,

Gilad

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

What sets these apart from other similar poles available, Leki, for instance?

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

The main things that sets them apart are:

• Shorter shaft segments for quicker and smoother deplyment
    • Smaller packed size than most (esecially at the same price range)
    • Strong lock button as most of those collapsible poles collapse too often
    • Simple handle design as too many high end poles now a days have overly deisgned handles
    • Using a padded wrist strap despite the light weight (no compromise on comfort)
    • Really good price for the set of features: the Leki Micro or the BD Distance Carbon Z are £100+ at best

Those are not revolutionary poles, just an improvement on what is available and some simplyfing of things for a more fair price, that’s it.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

They seem very similar( not exactly the same) to ones we can get in the U.S. Tri-Fold Carbon Cork Trekking Poles (yours are apparently unavailable here)and the ones here are cheaper( $54.99 U.S. or 37.48 British Pounds ), not to take away from your post but if someone were interested here in the U.S. and unable to buy yours there is an alternative for them( they will be back in stock on the 29th )

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Not only do they look the same as the Tri-Folds, but they weigh the same too. Curious.

But at >500g/pr, they are more than twice the weight of good carbon fibre poles. Rather heavy for BPL.

Cheers

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Yep, my myog poles are 243g per pair.

Wow, I would have thought the trekking pole market hopelessly flooded at this time!

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

nm

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, those are all valid questions.

I can’t say much about the Tri-Fold Carbon Cork Trekking Poles, never seen or used them.
    My poles are 410 grams a pair (was a typo on my original listing), still not as light as a high-end carbon pole, but again, there is a big price difference. I’m not even going to mention MYOG poles as those are almost always lighter; they are also a fixed size.

Again, nothing ground braking, just a bit more effective compared to what is offered out there, thought might interest some.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

I’m not even going to mention MYOG poles as those are almost always lighter; they are also a fixed size.

Normally, yes, but mine are adjustable. :^) However, they don’t collapse nearly as small as 3 section poles do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools