Topic

New camera from Nikon: DL18-50

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography New camera from Nikon: DL18-50

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

This looks like it would be a nice camera for many wide angle, lightweight enthusiasts

1″ sensor

365g

18-55mm lens

specs

More words

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

For some that will be indeed an amazing little package (18mm wide with an F 1.8 max aperture)
    to others the similar DL24-85 will offer a more balanced package with a built in flash and slightly longer (tele) lens .
    BUt an 18-50mm lens (in a compact camera) is something !

Jake J
    BPL Member

@psykokid

Locale: Socal

Would be pretty good for some night shots capturing the milky way with that wide fast lens. I’ve been looking at upgrading my camera and rarely use tele lenses. Would have to liquidate some old gear I have kicking around though to be able to afford it as the buy in is pretty steep..

Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland

Nice lens but EVF is an optional add-on $$$ extra is a deal-breaker for me. You absolutely need a EVF above the snow-line. I’m loving my Panasonic GM5 and have no reason to change.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

I personally prefer viewfinders too. I’m invested in the M43 system. I’d be interested in hearing more about your experience with the viewfinder on the GM5. On paper it seems very small.

The GM5 plus olympus 9-18mm combo would be the natural step up from the Nikon DL 18-50.

I already have the 9-18mm (18-36mm equivalent), so I’ve been looking at finding a good deal on a used GM5, but no luck yet.

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

I’m pretty excited for this camera to be released. The last I heard is Nov 30. I guess the release date got pushed back be of supply issues. I’ve been waiting for a compact camera with a 1″ sensor and 18mm to be released. I had secretly been hoping Sony would’ve released an RX100 version though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools