Topic

New Backpacking Documentary project featuring Zpacks, Redbeard, PlugItIn

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web New Backpacking Documentary project featuring Zpacks, Redbeard, PlugItIn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hi guys!  Just a heads up I’m working on a new documentary project about the Uinta Highline Trail in Utah.  It will dive into the stories behind the trail and the hikers, including the Zpacks crew, Redbeard, and PlugItIn.   Here’s the teaser:   https://youtu.be/dbkE6UbIiAU

And here’s the official website:  http://www.highlinefilm.com

The next year of my life will be dedicated to this.  If you have any points of interest with the trail, the guys, etc let me know and I’ll make sure to keep your points in mind during the edit phase.

For what it’s worth, this group was one of the most down to earth groups of guys I’ve ever met.  It was an honor to hike with them.  I certainly appreciate Zpacks gear more now that I know it’s made by good people.

Take care!

-Chris

Bret G
    Spectator

@bdgrover

Locale: Utah

I was on the highline just after you and the shuttle that took us had a lot of good things to say about you and the crew. Excited to see how it turns out!

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Chris,

I watched the ZPacks version of that trip, and loved it.

Looks like your film will be even better.

— Rex

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Cool Bret!  Did Mike give you a ride?  Super cool guy.  He’ll actually be in the film for a few seconds in the beginning.  We had some flight delays that messed up our planned itinerary, and Mike was kind enough to wait several hours for us even though it meant a late night for him.

Bret G
    Spectator

@bdgrover

Locale: Utah

Yes Mike drove us. I liked talking with him. I don’t know if you knew but one of his best friends is the guy who started Merrel shoes. I am excited to see your film. It won’t be hard to have amazing footage on that trail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools