Topic

New 2017REI Co-op Flash Insulated Air Sleeping Pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New 2017REI Co-op Flash Insulated Air Sleeping Pad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David K.
    BPL Member

@dkny2la

Locale: Los Angeles

I was checking out this new pad today at REI and it seems just as good as the Sea to Summit version but for much less $.  Great shape, Good R-value, great valves, light weight and lots of sizes to choose from. Anyone tried it out yet in the field?

https://www.rei.com/product/110723/rei-co-op-flash-insulated-air-sleeping-pad

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Nice pad for the money.

3.0 oz’s heavier than my REG sized Neoair, but $60 lighter.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

And in LW (to match the XLite L) it’s only 4oz heavier and $80 lighter.  Also 0.5R higher but 0.5″ thinner.

I’d still go XLite but this looks like a great “budget” option, or for someone for whom weight is not all that critical.  Probably quieter too :)

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

My girlfriend just picked this up last week. We havent had a chance to test it aside from the living room floor. First impressions are that materials feel good and about the same initial “durability” as other lightweight pads I have used. Your hip/butt can bottom out a bit when sitting up, but it distributed my weight once lying on my side and back. No scale at her place so couldn’t get a weight yet. Will probably take it out in the next couple weeks so I will report back.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

I looked at it in REI. The taper seemed pretty reasonable too.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

What will REI do if the pad has an issue after 1 year? Will they consider a slow leak, delamination, faulty valve, etc. a manufacturing defect or normal wear/tear?

You pay more for a NeoAir but I’ve read many, many accounts of Cascade Designs replacing pads with no questions asked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools