Topic

NeoAir Regular/Wide = 1/4 lb overweight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NeoAir Regular/Wide = 1/4 lb overweight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

Just got my new NeoAir Regular/Wide. At 15 ounces, advertised, seemed like it was worth the expense for the comfort. But it’s actually 19 ounces. Quarter pound over advertised, and almost a half pound over my 11.5 ounce (with a patch!) Regular. Do other folks’ weigh the same?

Might still be worth the extra comfort, but less sure than I was, especially given that it’s not cheap!

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

Jumped the gun on this one. There were 4 ounces of misc paper, stuff sack, patch kit, etc rolled up inside. False alarm! Sure wish I could change the subject line or delete this post!

Are folks into the inflation bag? Seems maybe extra? And maybe like the attachment to the valve isn’t super robust?

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

Excusable mistake! I much prefer a decent inflator bag for speed. I’ve an old style Neoair, use a S2S Airstream pump bag that as stuff sack holds pad, sleep clothes, pillow. Made valve adaptors w 1/2 in. Poly tubing from Beer Supply, and the blue part of a Smartwater sport bottle. Love this setup!

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

Now for the other part. Return or sell the pad, or call Thermarest customer service and get an exchange. For 19 oz, the Nemo Tensor or S2S Ether Light XT may be more comfortable choices. BTW, my Neoair Long is cut down to a Reg Wide, exactly 15 oz. That’s why I love my setup, light, comfortable, purposeful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools