Topic

NEMO Hornet Elite 2P Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable NEMO Hornet Elite 2P Review

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

The NEMO Equipment Hornet Elite 2P (33 oz / 935 g, $499.95) is a semi-freestanding, double-walled, ultralight tent. It features design touches meant to increase the volume of the tent while not adding additional weight.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Nice review. Thanks. I just picked up the Nemo Hornet 1p. I was eyeballing the elite version,  but the bright yellow fly turned me off.

Herman
    BPL Member

@hre814

Locale: Alaska

Thanks for the review.

I tried out this tent this summer. My wife and I (5’7” and 5’4”) used it on a 5 day trip in Alaska. I returned it. Very small. Lighter than our BA Copper Spur for sure, but you pay in space. A spacious one person as the reviewer noted. The vestibules weren’t that useful as you have a cord that you connect from the tent to the vestibule wall to pull out the Interior sidewall. Where it connects on both sides makes the vestibule a lot less useful. I have a 1P Nemo elite hornet that I use and like, and that cord system connects at a different angle and location and doesn’t interfere with your vestibule space.

For two people I wouldn’t recommend this tent. Some tent manufacturers are pushing the “low weight” of their tent and making them useless in the process.

Lindsey N
    BPL Member

@lindseynewbold

Locale: East bay

The floor area as listed by NEMO is 27.3 sq ft rather than 7.3 sq ft.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools