Topic

Need help with some glitches

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Need help with some glitches

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I have been having some problems with the BPL software for a few months now, and I need some help.

1. I am not being notified when someone posts in any of my “watched threads’ (now called ‘Favorites’).
    2. I am not notified when someone sends me a PM.
    3. I don’t receive the “MLife” (Unlimited) e-mails.

Also, I recently was declassified – instead of being an “Unlimited” member (I used to be an MLife guy), I was changed to be a “Spectator.” So that must have meant that I could watch but not play. That was indeed the case, as I could read your posts, but I couldn’t respond to them, nor could I start a new thread.

I contacted Support about this and two different CS people said they would look into it, and that it should be an easy problem to solve. Well, the changed me back to an Unlimited member, and I could do posts and new threads again. But the 3 issues above weren’t resolved. Ryan even chimed in to suggest some things. He said that no e-mails could be sent to me, since I had apparently reported to AOL that they were spam and they blocked any e-mails from BPL. ( I didn’t report anything like that to AOL).

Do any of you have a clue as to what I can do, since BPL isn’t too helpful in solving my issues?

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

…that should have been they changed me back… (sorry for the typo)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

You might have tried these already, or checked these (more correct), but FWIW:

There are two places where you can choose to get email (or not). Under your BPL Dashboard (click your name at the top right to get there), choose “Newsletters” to see if you’re subscribed to any of the BPL newsletters. Under “Forum Profile/Settings” choose the “Email” tab to see if you’ve chosen to get an email when a person sends you a message. Same place but choosing the “Forums” tab, then choosing either “Favorites” or “Subscriptions” (both are present) will show you if the system thinks you’ve subscribed to anything or chosen a favorite. I don’t subscribe to anything so I don’t know what they show if you do.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Thanks, Doug, it was good of you to respond. I’ve tried all of that, it it appears that everything is in order. Except that it isn’t. I’ve contacted both Ryan and Jessica (CS support lady), and I’m not getting effective responses. Maybe I should start a new web site, huh? Want to be my IT guy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools