Topic

Need cold breakfast suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Need cold breakfast suggestions

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

Speaking of bacon, the Epic brand bacon snacks are amazing. (their lamb bars, not so much)

DancingBear
    BPL Member

@dancingbear

Locale: Central Indiana

I’m a big fan of Logan bread for breakfast.  I think I’ve seen recipes here.  You can make up cold instant coffee, and you can even add Nido and sugar, though it takes a lot of shaking to dissolve the Nido.

Walt

Ralph Wood
    BPL Member

@visualscapes

Locale: Northern CA

Greenbelly meals 2go.

https://www.greenbelly.co/

650 calories per package, and they weigh 5.64 oz ea. Took 14 packages on a trip last summer for breakfasts, and had half the bag (comes with 2 bars per package) with my coffee, and the other half in my side pocket to eat while hiking. I’ve eaten A LOT of different bars over the years, and I never got tired of the Cranberry Almond (wasn’t a huge fan of the apricot or chocolate). They are peanut flour based, so if you dont like peanuts ymmv. Will be taking them again this year on various trips.

The downside is that they a bit expensive, and can only be bought directly through the company, so it does requires some advance planning.

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

+1 for chia pudding.  I make it in a Ziploc the night before.  Ready to eat in the AM.  Eat it, dispose Ziplock in garbage sack, wash spoon.  Ziplock stores overnight fine in a bear bag.  Takes just a minute to mix up the night before.

One example recipe:

1 packet Chao Thai coconut milk powder mixed with 1 cup water

3 TB chia seeds

3TB maple syrup or honey

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

freeze-dried mango slices

Mix all of this up the night before, top with 2 TB coconut flakes in the morning

Pamhikes
    Spectator

@pamhikesfl

I’d like to try the pudding…how do take vanilla extract on the trail?  Thinking of omitting it

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

Locale: Southern California

Drink (not cold for me but you could consume these individually for calories): Coffee/Tea w/ Pastured Butter, MCT Oil, Cacoa Powder

Food; Cashews, Oatmega Bar, Clif Bar Nut Butter, Bulletproof Collagen Vanilla Shortbread Bar,

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools