Topic

Napa Valley College

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Napa Valley College

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

I have taught in this program for 27 years, and I am very proud to note that the California Community College system has chosen to make it a poster child for how community colleges and local industry can work together to create a better community. Some of the best and brightest students I know, and they get to work with a really wonderful bunch of instructors.  in fact, two of us have been singled out to receive the McPherson Distinguished Teacher award—the college’s highest honor for instructors…

YouTube video

George W
    BPL Member

@ondarvr

Congratulations.

It is amazing how much this type of education inspires students to look at new opportunities and methods of succeeding in their chosen field.

We work with colleges and universities globally.

Our products are used in the composites industry, so every year we supply materials for projects like the solar powered car competitions. 5-10 years later these same students have started new companies, or are working for existing ones that are exploring new and bold ideas on how to use composites in the real world.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Yep.  We have had superlative support from the local wine industry—because they see the value in it.  This program has 100% job placement success for students who get our degrees.  And those students are working in top wineries in the Napa Valley.  Very cool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools