Topic

MYOG Climbing Pack and Crag Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Climbing Pack and Crag Pack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Stevens
    BPL Member

@nuttool

See next post.

Andrew Stevens
    BPL Member

@nuttool

I made a crag pack and a climbing pack with dyneema 5.0.  The climbing pack has the artwork of a local artist here in Bishop, Ann Piersall and shows the Bishop Skyline.  The art is printed on dyneema 5.0 on 19″ x24″ panels by Ripstop by the Roll.  I couldn’t be happier how it turned out.  MYOG isn’t dead for me as I’m working on my 14th or 15th pack.  It sure works my brain.  Thanks for looking.  Andrew

Sam C
    BPL Member

@crucial-geek

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Looks good from the front; more pictures would be nice.  How about a little discussion on the rationale and build process?

Andrew Stevens
    BPL Member

@nuttool

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Sam, I’ll add some more photos when I get home. The crag pack has an interesting build idea that sort of worked. I used one piece of dcf 5.0 to make the sides and the back. I folded the material flared and then bar tacked the compression straps within the fold and then sewed it down. It made the seam very strong. My crag pack easily carries 40 lbs with a rack, rope, shoes, harness and water.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools