Topic

My winter pack choice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Environmental Issues My winter pack choice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Couldn’t resist REI’s 20 % Anniversary sale.

Originally I bought an Osprey Atmos but returned it B/Cteh sleeping bag compartment was a tight fit for my -20 LL Bean down sleeping bag.

I’d already looked at the Dueter AirContact 60 + 10 and so I got it. I think the Dueter is better suited too winter camping anyway B/C thermos has a LOT of large hole netting agains  the back. Snow can easily get in and possibly freeze in the smaller bottom netting.

Hey, they are both “Made in Vietnam” and both high quality with adjustable harness sizing. Dueter is the largest selling pack brand in Europe and Osprey the largest welling brand in the US so they both have great reputations.

• Interesting Facts:
    • ->Osprey has moved its entire office to Vietnam for better quality control and savings on travel costs
    • ->Osprey raised their workers’ pay enough that many other companies had to follow suit.

Good on Osprey!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

And once again I can NOT correct my OP typos because “THAT IS NOT PERMITTED” here at BPL.

Someday i’ll learn to proofread but REALLY BPL you can’t can’t that? Others have bitched about this as well.

HEY, somehow I posted this here instead go Gear (general). Please move it. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools