Topic

My second mystery novel, set in the High Sierra, is now out!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals My second mystery novel, set in the High Sierra, is now out!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Bones of the Earth, the second in my series of mystery novels set in the High Sierra and featuring ranger Dan Courtwright is now published.

You can find it at the Napa Bookmine, the Mountain Bookstore in Sonora, and of course, you can always get these on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Paul-Wagner/dp/B09R96CDCR?language=en_US

Hope you enjoy the read!

Ratatosk
    Spectator

@ratatosk

I think we all want to ask before we take it on a trip – how much does it weigh?

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Congrats!

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Ratatosk—LOL!  About 9 ounces.  But it should be available as an e-book soon!

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

I meant to pick up the first one, and it slipped by me in the process of doing a lot of other stuff.  I’ll look these up tonight.  Congrats on #2!

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Thanks, Bonzo. I promise you that they’ll be good for a few hours of fun when you can’t actually get into the mountains for real…

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

I wrote the first one of these a few years ago for my daughter, who was living abroad and complained about not having enough to read.  OK, I thought, I’ve been telling you stories since you were a baby, I can tell you one more.  And I wrote it about the Sierra because if I was going to spend hours and hours thinking about some place, it might as well be a place I love.

Well, she loved it.  And so did her older sister, who wanted one of her own.  So I wrote the second one, inviting the same characters to join me again.  Now it’s become a tradition, and I write a new one every holiday season…it’s kind of a Christmas gift for them each year.

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Congrats Paul…..gonna order one!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools