Topic

My Hanchor Marl

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) My Hanchor Marl

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I have an Seek Outside pack made with X21 and it’s done 4 weeks in Alaska (2 2-week trips) with LOTS of brush, and a one week trip in WRR. The only damage came from the WRR trip where I was traversing car size talus and had to scoot across a few pieces. I had a Bearikade which has rather sharp corners, and that along with the granite created a few small holes.

I have found X21 to still be more durable than 150d polyester hbrid cuben.

The perfect fabric might be an X pack with only the Nylon face (perhaps the 330d if they made it in a non camo color) and .5mil PET layer with no X grid or interior scrim layer. I think it would be light and durable, not to mention permanently waterproof.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Agreed. Nathan here on BPL (of Cascade Craftworks) commissioned a custom run of this a while ago. I’ve still got a few yards of this waiting for the right project.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools