Topic

My CDT 2017 Gear list.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists My CDT 2017 Gear list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    R Banks
    BPL Member

@eddaka

Locale: everywhere i guess

https://lighterpack.com/r/a93itj

Hey hotlegs here,

I plan on hiking the CDT this year starting may 1st going nobo. Here is my gear list for the trip. I’m about 6lbs but my phone and charging stuff is kinda heavy and really adds weight. I plan on carrying leys maps, but I don’t know how much I’m going to carry at a time. Food is all no cook, I carried a peanut butter jar for soaking food, in 2014 but i dont think its needed this time around. Synth jacket for hiking in wet weather, I’m really thinking of ditching my umbrella and carrying my melanzana grid fleece in addition to my zpacks jacket. It might be too much bulk for my pack, I’ll have to play around with loading it up. Grace solo works good but site selection is paramount. I sleep cold and the zpacks bag is not the warmest, might buy something else. No “real” first aid kit. Thought you guys might like it. I don’t know if I’ll flip when i get to chama, depends on the snow but I would be willing to carry ice axe/crampons or snowshoes, We’ll see i guess.

Thoughts/comments are welcome.

My 2014 PCT list is here https://lighterpack.com/r/d1s89a

Nick Otis
    BPL Member

@notis

Locale: CA

Got some good laughs outta your gear list descriptions.

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

You’re making this look too fun and easy.
    Sunglasses? Nice to cut down the UV’s and glare every now and then, I’d toss a pair in the pack.
    Love the Anker charger.
    Just curious on the mapping apps you use on the Galaxy7!

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Very similar set up to John Z’s, who may have made your pack!  With such a minimalist setup did you find the umbrella worth it on the PCT?  Was it an integral part of tarp system?  The weather on the CDT is much more harsh than the PCT making the umbrella perhaps more useful on this hike.  I was much colder on the CDT than the PCT, although in fairness I took the same FF Hummingbird 20f bag which was well broken in before the PCT and by the CDT may have degraded somewhat.  If you where a little cold on the PCT your pad may be a bit too minimal.  Your pack won’t allow a great deal of pad options, but you may want to bolster your pad with a bit of CCF for the colder portions.

Robin B
    BPL Member

@robin1970

“Plastic grocery bags for food”

Even with no cook, should you travel in grizzly territory without opsak or odorproof bag?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools