Topic

My 46L LiteAF Curve is Coming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) My 46L LiteAF Curve is Coming

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

As featured on their Instagram page, my Curve will soon arrive.

I’d wanted to do this for a while. When EVH passed, I contacted LiteAF and custom ordered this pack. The 1971 quarter was a surprise they added and you have to be steeped in Van Halen history, particularly the Frankenstrat guitar, to get the reference.

I’m hoping to use it for the Yosemite High Route in September and God willing, with my troop at Philmont in 2022.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Not sure why the images failed the first time.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Cool! I’ve always really liked these packs. Their hip belt, harness, frame, and narrow pack body should make for a really good “high route” pack. My only concern would be packing a bear canister. Please follow up when you receive it with further insight. Thanks.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Will do. I’ll try packing a bear can full inside and also keeping the food in the pack and the empty can strapped on top. I suspect a full bear can strapped on top will be quite awkward.

One idea I have for strapping the can on top is a little shrink wrap tubing (for wires) on the straps to reduce shifting around. I might try that on some straps on an old backpack.

In addition to the can shifting around on top, my other concern is the can pressing against my back if it’s in the pack.

john mcalpine
    BPL Member

@cowpie

Good looking pack and nice you kept the guitar colors.

I see it’s a 1971 quarter.  Is it a 1971D?

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

I see it’s a 1971 quarter.  Is it a 1971D?

It’s not in my possession yet, but LiteAF said on Instagram that it is.

For those who don’t get the reference, here it is:
    https://www.axetremecreations.com/product/evh-frankenstrat-1971-quarter-replica-van-halen-replica-guitar/

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I just received a LiteAF multiday 35 and I am extremely pleased with it. Excellent shoulder straps. I like the relatively wide/shallow build of the pack which keeps the weight close to me (my preferred setup). It fits my Bare Boxer Contender easily (granted that’s a small can).

The print on your pack is amazing. Love it.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Thanks, Matthew. I currently only have a Bare Boxer as well. When I’m more certain of the Yosemite trip, I’ll likely get a BV500. I really can’t justify the cost of a Bearikade.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Love it – you will never get that pack mixed up or lost anywhere.

Joe S
    BPL Member

@joephish-2

Locale: SF Bay Area

Hi Brad,

Were you ever able to test your pack with a full sized bear canister such as the BV500?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I missed this post the first time. Very cool pack, Brad. Van Halen was my fav band in high school/college. I got to see them 3 times, twice with Dave and once with Sammy.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Hi Brad,

Were you ever able to test your pack with a full sized bear canister such as the BV500?

I’ll be doing 5 days in Yosemite in September, not the 7 I was first thinking. I ordered a Bearikade Scout, but don’t have it yet.

Khris R
    BPL Member

@khrisrino

Hi Brad,

How did the pack work out for you? I’m contemplating getting a 46L Ultra as well.

Wondering how it carries compared to the packs I’m using currently which are ZPacks Arc Haul 64L and HMG Southwest 40L. The ZPacks is overall more comfortable on me which I think is due to differences in the hip belt and lack of load lifters in the HMG. The 46L sounds like the perfect size so thinking about getting one.

Terran Terran
    BPL Member

@terran

Looks like the best of both worlds.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools